Sunday, November 14, 2010

Podcast 11

Found: http://boagworld.com/bites/new-skills

I never thought of needing other skills to be able to design websites other than knowlege of coding and what looks good on a web page. After reading this I learned that there is more too it.

This article/ podcast says there are 5 core skills that can help you out a lot as a designer:

Knowledge of:
-Marketing
-Psychology
-Strategy
-Copyrighting
-Contextual Awareness

After reading I think it makes a lot of sense to know these things. Like you should know how to market your product so you know how to implement that in your website. The psychology makes a lot of sense since I read an article/ podcast not to long ago about how using companies use psychology to basically guide users in a way on their sites. I though that was pretty cool. Strategy makes sense because you basically have to strategies what you are going to do on your website. I know you are supposed to do a lot of planing and drawing out what you are supposed to do before you get into coding. The contextual awareness think makes sense since now a days everyone has a mobile device with internet capabilities on it (me included). So you do have to plan for how your site would look on those different mediums. Copyrighting, I didn't get so much. I mean I do, but that's more legal stuff to me. Blegh to that.


No comments:

Post a Comment