Sunday, November 14, 2010

Assignment 20

www.apple.com

I think the apple website is sexy.

The Nav Bar: I like it because it's "brand specific". I think that what you called it. The nav bar looks like the it fits with any apple product or program. When you look at it, you know it's apple.
I like that the categories are broken down into simple things and that there is a search bar right there. I also like that they use the apple logo as the home button on the nav bar. There is a slight gradient on the nav bar, and I think a slight drop shadow. I think that looks good. Really good. So smooth and smexy.

Content: Well on the front page right now, there is an add for the Mac Book Air. I like they're use of this add space because it's very big, but minimalist, and it's like the first think my eye sees on the page since it's usually the biggest element. I'm a huge fan of minimalism because when done right, its uber easy to find what I'm looking for. I love it. The presentation of the add space is just well done to me because it's so simple and to the point but to me, it also look really pretty.

Rest of the page: There are a few compartmentalized elements at the bottom for the page for other products and information. I like them, I think they fit well with the minimalistic look of the page. They have quick links to the lesser talked about items like the iLife suite and Apple TV and the engraving service. Even tho most people aren't looking for that stuff, if you are one of the few who are, it's right there. It like that too.

I just noticed that there is a small news highlights bar. I thought it was tabs for the compartments at first but then I saw it was changing. I think thats pretty cool too, but a little hard to notice.

I think this is a good user interface because it uses high contrast, it's minimalistic, the site basically flows. The whole page is just clean, easy to navigate, easy to read, and aesthetically pleasing.

No comments:

Post a Comment