Monday, November 29, 2010

Assignment 23

found: http://www.secondbaptistgermantown.org/

This website is really plain and doesn't display properly in chrome. Its weird to me because it's like a regular website at the top, but then as I scroll down its more like a blog. It was a little confusing. There is WAY to much content on the index page. Like I was scrolling down for a while. The header picture is really grainy, I thought they would use a better photo. It's says they are making adjustments to the website, but I'm not sure when that update was posted. They use the same header and stuff for all the pages, so the changes in the content are subtle, like I didn't realize that i navigated to another page until I saw that the h1 text under the banner changed. They are using word press and pre-made themes so they are kinda hands off with everything I think. I don't what else to really say. It doesn't really match the church from what I remember. It was really vibrant and had a lot going on when I went (almost 4 years ago). There was always some kind of event going on, a lot of music, and the sermons were really interesting and the preaching was high energy. There was also a lot going on between the church and the community and I think they way the site is doesn't reflect that. I don't know if that's how the church is now, but that's what I remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment