Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Assignment 13

Website:http://www.myfoxphilly.com/

I picked this site since I've been watching it since I was in middle school. When my grandma would wake me up for school she would always watch this station while I got ready to leave. I've been watching it since. Now that I'm older, I'm hearing reports of Fox being like Biased. I couldn't tell but I though it would be interesting if I picked it since I heard a few things about it being like the most biased station around.

From what I can see I don't see much political affiliation just by looking at the index. I'm not quite sure. ON thing that I think I noticed is on the front page, when they have new on Obama, the usually pick an unflattering photo of him to use. I heard a lot of things about how Fox is like supper conservative and that republicans love them but I haven't been able to see anything in the many years that I've watched the news on this station to really prove that. When Obama won the presidential election it seemed like everyone was genuinely happy for his victory, and the website had like "victory for obama" and there were like 3 or 4 stories on it.

I don't think I can find much that sets this site apart from other news site. The only think I could think of that's remotely close to that is that its seems a to focus on like bad news? I guess? Like they could show some "uplifting" stuff? But that's all I could really think of.

No comments:

Post a Comment