Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Podcast 15

http://boagworld.com/design/fireworks-vs-photoshop/

I thought this was interesting since I use photoshop often. I have fireworks but I don't use it. I don't know how too. I've opened it a few times to toy with it, but I didn't know what I was doing so I didn't see much need to keep messing with it. Reading this gave me a better idea what it is and what it can do. Like i knew that is was use for web design, I found that out from googling it. But I didn't know that it had so many functions similar to photoshop. From the way it sounds with the ability to have multiple pages with different layers on them, it kinda sounds like a weird cross between photohop and dreamweaver.I think some of the functions are cool, and I like that you can save fireworks files as psd, and make file wide changes from one section of the file, BUT I don't really understand that stuff too much yet. I'm not too into the technical aspect of adobe programs. I'm self taught and learn everything from tutorials and google. But overall I think if I understood the program a little better I would use it instead of having it installed just to say I have it. This article was really useful to me since I at least have a much better understanding of what it's for and what it is capable of. Maybe with more creative googling I can figure out how to make good use of it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment